In this Steve Harvey Success Story special, we will dive into how this inspirational man came to be. Steve Harvey has a long list of noteworthy accomplishments. We will also share Steve Harvey’s famous lines that served as this article’s primary source of inspiration.
- 1 What is Steve Harvey most famous for
- 2 His Early Life
- 3 The Road to Stardom
- 4 “Showtime at the Apollo” and “The Steve Harvey Show”
- 5 “The Kings Of the Comedy”
- 6 How Wealthy is Steve Harvey
- 7 Steve Harvey’s Best Quotes
- 8 The Ending Note
- 9 FAQs
What is Steve Harvey most famous for
Steve Harvey is an American comedian, actor, author, and television and radio personality who was born in Welch, West Virginia, on January 17, 1957. He first rose to recognition for his observational humor but later became well-known for his relationship-focused self-help counseling.
His Early Life
Steve Harvey had a dream when he was a child. He decided to become famous and appear on television in his early years when he was just in grade school. He was so certain that this was what he wanted to do with his life that one day when the teacher gave each student the chance to share their career goals with the class, he fearlessly stood in front of them all.
For Steve Harvey, who was both inexperienced in the real world and young, this was a significant step. In addition, he stutters severely.
A lot of people would claim their stutter as a justification for not being able to achieve something.
He was the youngest of Eloise and Jesse Harvey’s five children; Jesse was a coal miner who died in 2000 from black lung disease.
When Harvey was a kid, his family relocated to Cleveland. Harvey attended Glenville High School there and graduated in 1974 before returning to his native state to enroll in West Virginia University.
Harvey worked a variety of professions in his early 20s after graduating from college, including insurance sales, postman, and even want to be a professional boxer, but none truly seemed to be his true calling.
The Road to Stardom
In Harvey’s instance, his teacher was the one who attempted to crush his aspirations.
She reassured Harvey that his severe stutter would prevent him from ever succeeding in the entertainment industry or on television. Since no one in his community had achieved fame in the entertainment industry or would in the future, the teacher told Harvey that his dream was a pipe dream.
Steve Harvey, at last, decided to pursue a career in comedy. And he would battle for the subsequent three years. He lived in his Ford Taurus while being homeless for three years so he could keep going after his ambition.
Harvey eventually discovered that while debuting his stand-up comedy act in 1985. By the end of the decade, after years of developing his act through appearances in small clubs, he came dangerously close to the big time, making it to the finals of the Second Annual Johnnie Walker National Comedy Search in 1989.
“Showtime at the Apollo” and “The Steve Harvey Show”
Harvey’s career truly took off from that point on. He began hosting Showtime at the Apollo, the renowned syndicated variety program shot in Harlem’s historic Apollo Theater, in 1993. Harvey continued hosting Showtime at the Apollo until the year 2000, but he had a lot of other responsibilities as well.
The Steve Harvey Show, his own sitcom, debuted on the newborn WB network in 1996. The Steve Harvey Show acquired a devoted following among a primarily African American audience and remained on the air until 2002, making it one of the few shows to achieve any traction at all on the WB prior to the appearance of Dawson’s Creek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
“The Kings Of the Comedy”
Later on, A four-man barnstorming road show featuring Bernie Mac, D.L. Hughley, Harvey, and Cedric the Entertainer on that tour, dubbed The Kings of Comedy, unexpectedly became a big smash across the country.
The most famous act of Harvey’s career was as the M.C. for the Kings of Comedy, but he exploited the movie’s reputation as the cornerstone for creating a virtually one-man multimedia empire.
How Wealthy is Steve Harvey
He is in charge of a media empire that includes radio, television, apparel, books, and more. He makes an average of $45 million a year from all of his jobs, $10 million of which comes from presenting Family Feud.
Steve Harvey’s Best Quotes
“My calling is to help people, to teach people, to share with people until I die. I can never stop doing that. I can’t, and I don’t want to.”
People have been praising Steve Harvey’s famous lines for a long time since he has the best sense of courage when expressing his ideas. Here are some of his well-known statements on a variety of genres.
Steve Harvey’s famous lines
Here are some of Steve Harvey’s famous lines that he known for:
- “From the time I was taught how to drive, I was taught how to behave when I’m stopped.”
- “Growth is in a series of mistakes. That’s the only way you learn.”
- “I’m just a living witness that you can be an imperfect soldier and still be in the army fighting for God Almighty. Don’t you think you got to be perfect ’cause I ain’t.”
- “I’m a comedian first. I’ve learned how to act.“
- “Your reality is yours. Stop wasting time looking at someone else’s reality while doing nothing about yours.”
Some of Steve Harvey’s life quotes
- “Failure is a great teacher, and I think when you make mistakes and you recover from them and you treat them as valuable learning experiences, then you’ve got something to share.”
- “A person has to remember that the road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. That it is not easy becoming successful.”
- “You can’t go forward and backward at the same time.”
- “Don’t hate the player. Change the game.”
- “Do not ignore your gift. Your gift is the thing you do the absolute best with the least amount of effort.”
- “When you’re happy at home, you can make a lot of things happen.”
Here are Steve Harvey’s funny quotes
- “I’m going to take this God-given gift of being funny, and I’m going to spread it out like peanut butter on everything I do.”
- “You can take lessons to become almost anything: flying lessons, piano lessons, skydiving lessons, acting lessons, race car driving lessons, singing lessons. But there’s no class for comedy. You have to be born with it. God has to give you this gift.”
- “I tell jokes for a check; I’m on TV for a check.”
Steve Harvey’s Best Relationship Quotes
- “You can be happy, or you can be right. If you want to be part of a couple and win every argument, you’re in trouble.”
- “Women are the real reason we get up every day. I’m talking about real men. If there were no women, I would not even have to bathe, because why would I care? These are guys I’m hanging with. I wake up for a woman every day of my life to make it happen for her.”
- “We all think that this relationship thing is a game out here. All I’m saying to women is, ‘Okay. If it’s a game, here are the rules that we play by.”
- “I’m not a relationship expert. I’m an expert on manhood.”
Steve Harvey’s Faith Quotes
- “There has been nothing more impactful on my life and meaningful to me than the introduction of Christ. That, hands down, blows away every joke I’ve ever written.”
- “Wake up and smile! Wake up and be grateful!”
- “I pay attention to every minute of the day.”
- “God lets you be successful because he trusts you that you will do the right thing with it. Now, does he get disappointed often? All the time, because people get there and they forget how they got it.”
The Ending Note
Hence, Steve Harvey was a person who experienced early poverty. He only attained his full potential by having the vision to set goals and be committed to achieving them. Society opposed him and claimed that he would never be able to achieve his goals while he worked toward them, but he insisted that with God’s help, anything is possible. Some people who are struggling with poverty, sadness, or simply feel their lives are meaningless find inspiration from Steve Harvey.
Is the Steve Harvey show staged?
People who chose to be a part of Steve’s show “Judge Steve Harvey” are expressing their disapproval of his law degree, and his financial situation has allowed him to litigate his claim to be a legitimate judge. Steve is not a real judge. The visitor of the show is signing off the contract agreeing to follow Steve’s guidelines in order to be a part of his show and portray him as a real judge. As can be seen, the production pays for his prizes and judgments.
How much Steve Harvey make from a family feud?
At least $10 million of his roughly $45 million average yearly compensation comes from his work as a Family Feud host. $20 million more comes from his work as a radio broadcaster.
How to write a letter to the steve Harvey show?